Are you a Virginia Tech graduate who can relate the current undergraduate experience to prospective students? Or, are you a Virginia Tech senior who will have completed your degree requirements by May 2017?
Are you an enthusiastic, energetic Hokie who is interested in recruiting prospective students to join the Virginia Tech family? Do you love to travel? Could you see yourself traveling independently?
If so, please consider applying to be an Admissions Advisor for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Each year, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions hires graduates as Admissions Advisors to assist with recruiting the next freshman class. Admissions Advisors travel the country, earn money, gain valuable professional experience and transferable skills, all the while working for their alma mater!
- To represent the university to prospective applicants and their families, high school, college personnel, and Virginia Tech alumni.
- To arrange and conduct high school visits and participate in college nights and college fairs in a professional manner for the purpose of recruiting applicants in assigned territories.
- To assist in the implementation of on- and off-campus programs designed to attract, recruit, and enroll undergraduate students.
- To represent the university to visitors by conducting information sessions, campus tours, and answering correspondence.
- To serve as a member of the Admissions Review Committee making decisions on freshmen applications.
- To complete evaluations and other required paperwork in a clear and timely fashion.
- To be an active participant in all training required for the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess:
- a bachelor’s degree from Virginia Tech (verified with a final transcript).
- a knowledge and appreciation of the university’s current curricular and extracurricular offerings.
- a valid driver’s license.
- the ability to establish and maintain credit (necessary for travel expenses).
- the ability to safely and independently move boxes weighing approximately 40 lbs.
- an interest in public relations, marketing, and/or higher education.
- strengths in public speaking and interpersonal communications.
- personal discipline, initiative, and energy.
Previous involvement in student recruitment activity is highly desired.
Applications will include:
- A completed Admissions Advisor Application
- A cover letter addressing your interest in the position and any recruitment related experience
- A resume
- Name and contact information for three references (one must be a Virginia Tech Faculty or Staff member)
Position Open Until Filled.
Last updated May 31, 2017
Get to know the advisors!
Want to Learn Firsthand what its like to be an Admissions Advisor? Attend an Information Session:
- February 22, 2:00 p.m.
- March 2, 2:00 p.m.
- March 10, 3:00 p.m.
Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, VA. 24060