If you need to make a change to your application, do not start another application. Simply send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your full name on all correspondence. You will get an email confirming your request and informing you of its change.
Below is a list of common application changes. An asterisk (*) signifies that your change request must be approved by a director. You will receive an email either confirming or denying your request.
- Change of address (permanent or mailing)
- Change of major*
- Change of residency (in-state to out-of-state or out-of-state to in-state)*
- Change in term and/or year you will enter Virginia Tech as a student*
- You must write a brief statement specifying the reason for your request for deferment, and include it in your email. Also, please specify if you are requesting a refund of the $400 matriculation deposit.
- Change in Corps of Cadets status (joining the Corps or withdrawing from the Corps)
- Change in housing status (off-campus to on-campus or on-campus to off-campus)
- Change of date of birth
- Change of social security number
- Withdrawing your application
- Please specify if you are requesting a refund of your matriculation deposit. Refunds are only available to freshman applicants who withdraw their matriculation deposit before May 1 and transfer applicants who withdraw their applications before June 1. Early decision applicants are not eligible for refunds.