Just like the application process, your transition to Virginia Tech is a multi-step process. Follow these steps to finalize your enrollment and prepare for your first Fall semester as a Hokie! In addition to the checklist below, there are many offices ready to assist you and your family in your transition to the Virginia Tech campus. For example, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions provides a timeline for Admitted Students to help you complete the last to-do items in the enrollment process. The Division of Student Affairs publishes a more detailed transition resource for new and incoming students called You're In… NOW WHAT? Your Guide to Life at Virginia Tech.
Finalize your enrollment:
- To finalize your admission to Virginia Tech, you should accept your offer of admission by submitting your $400 matriculation fee no later than May 1st.
- To finalize your financial aid and scholarships package, you should follow the process outlined on the Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid's “Receiving Your Aid” webpage.
Complete your housing and dining contract.
- You can upgrade your dining plan on Hokie SPA between June 1st and the beginning of the fall semester. Learn more about the different dining plans on the Dining Services webpage.
Request final admissions checklist items:
- Final high school transcript (must be received by August 1st). Request your AP and IB scores to be sent to the Office of the Registrar (school code 5859).
- Official transcripts for dual-enrollment coursework. We cannot award college credit based on your high school transcript; we must receive an official transcript from the college or university that awarded credit for the class(es).
Register for New Student Orientation through Hokie SPA.
- Want an extended orientation to Virginia Tech? Check out Hokie Camp!
Check out the University Bursar's resources for new students.
- New Student Checklist
- Video Tutorials that demonstrate how to pay your bill
- Information about Budget Tuition Plans
View your housing assignment to learn about your residence hall room and your roommate.
Complete and submit the Immunization History Form before the start of classes. Learn more about Virginia Tech's immunization requirements.
Prepare for on-campus living with these resources from Housing and Residence Life:
- Residence hall packing list
- The Sticky Details: 7 things to take care of before the school year starts