Note: Applications are not being considered for Spring 2017 due to space limitations.
You are a Transfer Applicant if you:
- have completed all entrance requirements, or the equivalent in a college program, for all entering students.
See minimum academic requirements.
- are in good standing at all colleges and universities attended.
- have attempted 12 or more hours at any college or university since graduating from high school.
Did you know: 1 out of 5 graduates begins as a transfer student at Virginia Tech!
- Start your application now!
- Create an ApplyWeb account (if first-time user)
- Select type of application
- Complete the application form, save, and send online to Virginia Tech by selecting this option at the end of the application.
- Pay the appropriate application fee online using the secure credit card transaction service.
- Once the Office of Undergraduate Admissions acknowledges your application, you will receive a verification letter via email.
Applying Using the Paper Application
- Download the paper application (If you don’t have a PDF viewer, you can download Adobe Reader for free.)
- Make sure to complete the Virginia In-State Tuition Form, which is included as part of both the online and paper Freshman Application. This form must be submitted with your application if you claim entitlement to Virginia in-state tuition rates, even if you are currently a Virginia resident. Failure to complete this form will result in your classification as an out-of-state student. For more information, please see the residency page.
- Mail your completed application and application fee to Virginia Tech, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 925 Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061.
Note: It is the responsibility of each applicant to submit all required information and materials as soon as possible. Completed applications will receive priority in the review process. Because of time constraints, it is not always possible for the admissions office to request missing information. When submitting supplemental materials separate from the application, make sure your name, date of birth, and college name are included on all pieces. Also, be sure to include your current name, if different from the name on the materials.
To help us and yourself, please review the above checklist carefully. The university reserves the right to withdraw, without notice, any application that is not complete by the deadline.
Priority Review will again be available to Virginia Community College students wishing to apply for the Summer/Fall 2017 semesters. Students who plan to take advantage of this early application process should pay close attention to the stated deadlines. Below is the process and schedule:
Any application received from a current VCCS student by the January 4, 2017 deadline (including receipt of all transcripts) will be reviewed under this process. All applications/transcripts received after January 4, 2017 will be reviewed under the regular transfer process.
Priority Review is not available for the following majors:
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
Applications for these majors will be reviewed within the context of the entire applicant pool.