Academic Requirements for Freshmen
Each year, more than 20,000 people apply to be among 5,900 entering students.
What do we look for? Check out the information Application Requirements section.
Freshman Offers at a Glance
For information about the incoming class, please see the Freshman Snapshot.
What should applicants expect during the application process? Following is a basic checklist.
- Submit the online application, unless using a fee-waiver.
NOTE: For students for whom the non-refundable application fee presents a financial hardship, we accept College Board fee waiver codes. If you know of a student who does not have a College Board fee waiver code, but believe the student qualifies for one, please email a request for a fee waiver code to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online applicants will receive a verification email, which asks that they verify that the biographical information they entered on the application form is correct. Applicants should take care to double-check the information, as this can cause matching problems when supplemental information is sent to our office.
- All applicants should receive, within 1-5 business days off applying, the email with the title “Virginia Tech Application Status Page” which contains vital information regarding setting up a Guest Account to view their status online.
For details, see the Apply Now page.
- AP Central
- Division of Student Affairs
- University Academic Advising Center
- Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report
Visit Virginia Tech
If you’d like to have a first-hand look at Virginia Tech’s admissions process, please attend one of our annual guidance counselor programs. Programs will be posted as they’re scheduled.