We're sure you're excited about starting your freshman year in college, but you may still be deciding if Virginia Tech is the place for you. We invite you to Gateway, an exclusive event for students offered freshman admission.
Gateway 2017: Embrace VT is a unique program where admitted students from under represented* backgrounds are welcomed to campus for a weekend of social activities and to learn more about life at Virginia Tech and the vast opportunities offered.
Participants are grouped together with hosts that are current Virginia Tech students from similar backgrounds or who have similar areas of interest. Further details of the weekend and schedule of events can be found on this site.
Gateway is optional—no need to attend if you know that Virginia Tech is the place for you.
At Gateway 2017: Embrace VT you will:
- Explore Virginia Tech
- Research our challenging academic programs
- Learn about our endless opportunities
- Find out if Virginia Tech is the place for you
Space is limited, so please register at your earliest convenience!
Gateway 2017: Embrace VT is an invitation only program. Please forward any questions you may have about Gateway to us via the information below:
Kayla St. Clair
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, VA 24061
*Underrepresented students include African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American and first-generation college bound students.
Gateway is a one-day event, held on the second weekend in April. The upcoming dates are:
- Saturday, April 8, 2017
Registration is closed!
- Get academic information, including a university overview and individual department specifics.
- Find out about life in the residence halls and the amazing array of dining options.
- Hear more about financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Enjoy a student-led campus tour.
- Discover University Honors, study abroad programs, co-op and internship opportunities and more.