We hope you will plan to schedule a visit and see our campus for yourself!
Below are some suggested ways to get the most out of your time on campus and in Blacksburg.
- Register for an official campus visit by signing up here!
- Attend an admissions or departmental information session.
- You may always want to register for Fall Open House, held November 5 or 6.
- Take a guided group tour during your visit.
- Schedule an appointment with a faculty member in the department of the major in which you are most interested.
- Inquire about entertainment (plays, concerts, speakers, etc.) or athletic events that are taking place on campus. You can find more information on the Virginia Tech Calendar.
- Talk with Virginia Tech students you encounter during your visit. Find out why they chose Tech and learn about their experiences as Hokies.
- Plan to have a meal or snack in one of our award-winning on-campus dining facilities. Be sure to have cash on hand and bring your appetite – menus are available to please every palate.
- Go exploring! In addition to a tour, make sure you see as much of campus and the surrounding area as possible.
- Investigate local hiking, biking, canoeing, and more, or take time for a leisurely drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.