You are a Non-Degree Applicant if you:
- are a student who wants to take a few courses at Virginia Tech and transfer them back to your primary college/university.
- need to take a few courses to help in your career, for teacher certification, or self-enrichment.
- have never been denied admission to Virginia Tech.
- do not need lab science courses.
- are a current high school student who wants to complete coursework that is not available through the local community college.
Enrollment Option 1: Apply Online (If you are a Senior, 60 years old or older, please use Option 2)
- Start your application now!
- Create an ApplyWeb account (if first-time user)
- Select type of application
- Complete the application form, save, and send online to Virginia Tech by selecting this option at the end of the application.
- Pay the appropriate application fee online using the secure credit card transaction service.
- Once the Office of Undergraduate Admissions acknowledges your application, you will receive a verification letter via email.
Enrollment Option 2: Use the Paper Application
- Download the paper application (If you don’t have a PDF viewer, you can download the plug-in from Adobe’s website.)
- Mail your completed application and the application fee to Virginia Tech, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 925 Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061.
What We Need From You
Whether you apply online or send in the paper application, non-degree applicants must submit the following materials to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 925 Prices Fork Road, Blacksburg, VA 24061 in order to complete your application file:
- A completed application for non-degree undergraduate admission, plus a $60 check or money order (non-refundable application fee) made payable to Treasurer, Virginia Tech.
- Virginia In-State Tuition Form (included in both the online and paper Non-Degree Application)- This form must be submitted with your application if you claim entitlement to Virginia in-state tuition rates, even if you are currently a Virginia resident. Failure to complete this form will result in your classification as an out-of-state student. For more information, please see the residency page.
- A letter explaining your purpose in attending Virginia Tech as a non-degree student.
- Transcripts – An official or unofficial copy of all college transcripts must be received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions no later than the application deadline. If you have not completed any college coursework, please send an official or unofficial copy of your high school transcript.
Note: It is the responsibility of each applicant to submit all required information and materials as soon as possible. Completed applications will receive priority in the review process. Because of time constraints, it is not always possible for the admissions office to request missing information. When submitting supplemental materials separate from the application, make sure your name, date of birth, and college name are included on all pieces. Also, be sure to include your current name, if different from the name on the materials.
To help us and yourself, please review the above checklist carefully. The university reserves the right to withdraw, without notice, any application that is not complete by the deadline.