What We Need From You
Whether you apply online or send in the paper application, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions must receive the following supporting materials to ensure your application file is complete:
- The non-refundable application fee of $60. (Online applicants pay upon submission of the application. Applicants who use the PDF application form should include a check or money order payable to Treasurer of Virginia Tech.)
- College Transcripts: An official copy of your current and previous college transcripts.
- High School Transcripts: In most cases your application can be reviewed before receipt of your high school transcript, however, a final high school transcript is still required prior to enrollment.
- Final College Transcript: Final college transcripts that include your complete spring term grades must be received by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by the date stated on your offer letter.
Letters of recommendation are not requested; however, if an applicant chooses to send one, it must accompany the college transcript.
Please remember to…
- Provide your U.S. Social Security Number and correct date of birth.
- Indicate your planned entrance date.
- Include copies of both sides of your Resident Alien card and visa (if applicable).
- Select your requested major.
- Include a completed list of your current courses.
- Complete your Personal Statement(s).
- Agree to and sign the Pledge of Honor.
- For maximum financial aid consideration, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. The priority deadline is January 15.
- Complete the Virginia Tech General Scholarship application by December 7 for all need and non-need based scholarships. (You must complete the FAFSA before you can submit the General Scholarship application.)
Note: It is the responsibility of each applicant to submit all required information and materials as soon as possible. Completed applications will receive priority in the review process. Because of time constraints, it is not always possible for the admissions office to request missing information. When submitting supplemental materials separate from the application, make sure your name, date of birth, and college name are included on all pieces. Also, be sure to include your current name, if different from the name on the materials.
To help us and yourself, please review the above checklist carefully. The university reserves the right to withdraw, without notice, any application that is not complete by the deadline.