In order to participate in Gateway, you must:
- Register online.
- Mail a $25.00 check, payable to “Treasurer, Virginia Tech,” and a completed Parent Contract (PDF) (must be sent immediately after registering online) to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
925 Prices Fork Road
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Print the confirmation e-mail you receive when we receive your check.
- Be on-time to your designated bus pick-up location! Bring your confirmation e-mail and identification (driver’s license or other picture ID).
Other things to Pack
Sleeping bag, pillow, towel, toiletries, etc.
You will be in a current VT student’s room, most likely on the floor. A sleeping bag and pillow will make your stay more comfortable. All of our residence halls have a community bathroom (shared by the entire floor or suite) so you should plan to carry your items to and from the bathroom and bring shower shoes.
Any Hokie will tell you the weather in Blacksburg can change at a moment's notice. You will be walking around campus so you should bring sneakers and prepare for the possibility of rain. We also ask that you bring business casual clothes for your meeting with the president.
This is just in case you’d like to purchase souvenirs. We are happy to cover the cost of your meals, lodging, and transportation.
Pen and paper
You will meet a lot of new people and receive a lot of useful information. Having a pen and paper handy will assist when trying to remember contacts and for signing autographs.
You will need proof of who you are when boarding the bus. It is also important to always have photo identification on you especially when you’re away from home.
An inquisitive mind
Choosing the right college is a challenging task. Be ready to learn about Virginia Tech, and take advantage of this opportunity to get your questions about college answered. Be open to meeting many people from different backgrounds.
A positive attitude
There will inevitably be things beyond your control. Stay positive seeking the optimistic view in all things.
At Virginia Tech, you can…
- utilize the state-of-the-art technology found throughout the campus.
- take pride in serving your community and society.
- reside on one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country.
- enjoy award-winning dining facilities.
- take advantage of more than 600 student organizations and a wealth of student activities.
- root for any of our 21 NCAA Division I athletic teams competing in the ACC.